Sunday, May 31, 2009
New "cousin" found
While working in the family history center Friday, I glanced at the films patrons had ordered that were in the filing cabinet. I noticed one sister in the Coker Springs ward had quite a few from the same county in New York that my ancestors had come to in the 1700's. After returning home, I called to ask her about her research. The census films she had were for the mid 1800's, so I wasn't sure we would have anyone in common. After talking a little while and comparing notes, we learned that, sure enough, our common ancestors were the same. We were both excited about it. Even better is that she just got called to work in the center, and she was told we will be working together. Maybe I'll find even more, or I can help her. Either way, it was fun to find her. I finally have a relative in the church - pretty distant relative - but still family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment