My favorite Becca story from my visit to Utah was when she tried to teach me a new word. You know how we teach kids new words. We make sure they are listening and watching while we say it. Becca had been watching a show about humpback whales on TV. She was calling them "hunkback" whales. I had her look at me and I told her the correct name. Then she said, "They're hunckback, Grandma. Look at me. Hunkback. Can you say hunkback?". I thought it was hilarious. Funny when the tables are turned and they want to teach us a new word. I guess I'll leave it to someone down the road to teach her what they are really called. For now, she's so cute, she can call them whatever she wants to. Just look at that face. Would you care what she called them?
Friday, May 1, 2009
My favorite Becca story from my visit to Utah was when she tried to teach me a new word. You know how we teach kids new words. We make sure they are listening and watching while we say it. Becca had been watching a show about humpback whales on TV. She was calling them "hunkback" whales. I had her look at me and I told her the correct name. Then she said, "They're hunckback, Grandma. Look at me. Hunkback. Can you say hunkback?". I thought it was hilarious. Funny when the tables are turned and they want to teach us a new word. I guess I'll leave it to someone down the road to teach her what they are really called. For now, she's so cute, she can call them whatever she wants to. Just look at that face. Would you care what she called them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment